2017 PACIFIC SAIL & POWER BOAT SHOW CRUISES INTO CRANEWAY PAVILION
AND MARINA BAY YACHT HARBOR IN RICHMOND, CALIF. APRIL 6-9
New Sailboats, Luxury Cruisers and Motor Yachts, Seminars,
On Water Training, Demos, and More
Richmond, Calif. (March 23, 2017) – The 2017 Pacific Sail & Power Boat Show will cruise into the Craneway Pavilion and Marina Bay Yacht Harbor on the waterfront in Richmond, California, from Thursday, April 6 through Sunday, April 9. This four-day event will feature new sailboats and powerboats, gear, accessories, clothing, more than 100 seminars, on-the-water workshops, and special events.
From nautical novices to serious boaters, the Pacific Sail & Power Boat Show is the place for people to immerse themselves in the world of boating, talk to experts, participate in hands-on seminars, learn new techniques, get on the water and have fun. Sailboats and power boats will fill the waterfront, including sleek racers, catamarans, family cruisers and dinghies.
Dozens of manufacturers will be on display including Dehler, Bavaria, Beneteau, Marquis, Catalina, Prestige Yachts, Jeanneau, Lagoon, Cruisers Yachts, Hanse, RS, Hobie, Tiara Yachts, Princess Yachts and more, with boats ranging from a 10-foot Hansa 303W to a 70-foot Marquis 690 Fly luxury yacht. Attendees will also get the opportunity to demo, free of charge, some of the most fun and accessible small sailboats on the market including the Weta trimaran, Hansa 303W and the RS Venture Connect, courtesy of West Coast Sailing.
“We have thrilled to have expanded the show this year to include an all new in water powerboat display, new marine sports exhibits and activities, stand up paddle board demos, activities, races and more,” said Sail America Association Manager Katie Kelly.
In addition, more than 100 free and fee-based seminars presented by industry experts will take place at the show. From boating basics to anchoring techniques, these presentations will cover a wide variety of topics. Sail America’s Discover Sailing & Boating will also host a collection of on-water cruises and clinics offering informational and educational experiences, as well as practice time at the helm.
While at the show, check out the latest innovative products and gear from the top names in boating equipment. Several products will make their U.S. and West Coast debuts allowing attendees to be among the first to experience them in person. To see a sampling of the new products, visit https://pacificboatshow.com/new-products/.
Additional show highlights include:
- All-New Inflatable Paddle Board Extravaganza Demo Day – Sunday, April 9 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Stand Up Paddle Board Races – Saturday, April 8, at 10:30 a.m., hosted by 101 Surf Sports. Bring your own board or easily rent one in advance at paddleguru.com/races/BoatShowPaddleRaceMarinaBay, or call 415-524-8492.
- Radio Controlled Model Sailboat Display and Racing – Watch mini yachts racing in the Inner Harbor Basin at 10:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. each day of the show, courtesy of the Sacramento Model Yacht Club and Elk Grove Model Yacht Club. Perfect for all ages, visitors are also welcome to try maneuvering the model boats.
- Life Raft Demonstrations – Sal’s Inflatables/Viking will host a live demonstration of a full in-water inflation of various life rafts, while providing valuable information on proper life raft maintenance. Saturday, April 8, at 2:30 p.m. and Sunday, April 9, at 2:30 p.m.
- Parties Galore – From Friday evening TGIF fun to the legendary Cruising Outpost Party with a live performance from Eric Stone Saturday evening, there are plenty of opportunities to share good times with like-minded boating fans.
The show will take place at the Craneway Pavilion, 1414 Harbour Way S., and the nearby Marina Bay Yacht Harbor, at 1340 Marina Way South in Richmond, California. The City of Richmond offers some of the best waterfront access in the San Francisco Bay Area, including more than 32 miles of shoreline with access to the San Francisco Bay Bike Trail connecting nearby Albany, Emeryville and Oakland, making Richmond the perfect host destination for all that is boating. The location is just a short walk from the Richmond BART Station and AC Transit Bus Line #74 (Ford Point Stop). For more information on where to eat, stay and play in Richmond, visit http://visitrichmondca.com.
Show hours are: Thursday, April 6, Friday, April 7 and Saturday, April 8, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; and Sunday, April 9, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tickets are $18 one-day adult, children 12 and under are free when accompanied by a paid adult, $28 two-day adult pass and $48 four-day pass (multi-day passes available online only). An early bird one-day discount price of $16 is available when you purchase online by March 31. Advance tickets are available at https://secure.interactiveticketing.com/1.16/e9dd33/#/select
About the 2017 Pacific Sail & Power Boat Show:
The 2017 Pacific Sail & Power Boat Show and Marine Sports Expo, formerly the Strictly Sail Pacific, will cruise into the historic Craneway Pavilion, 1414 Harbour Way S. and Marina Bay Yacht Harbor 1340 Marina Way S., for all things boating. For more information visit www.pacificboatshow.com.
About Sail America:
The Pacific Sail & Power Boat Show is produced by Sail America, the trade association for the U.S. sailing industry dedicated to promoting the health and growth of sailing. Established in 1990, Sail America now has more than 200 members representing all segments of the sailing market. For additional information, visit www.sailamerica.com.
DeeDee Taft, [email protected]
Shelbi Okumura, [email protected]
# # #