The Pacific Sail & Power Boat Show celebrates sailing, boating, and the marine sport lifestyle over four days in Richmond, CA from Thursday, April 19 through Sunday, April 22. Boats and equipment pack a 45,000 sq. ft. historic building overlooking San Francisco Bay with 21,000 sq. ft. of additional outdoor space and a beautiful walkway down to the Marina Bay Yacht Harbor docks for the in-water exhibits.
The show has expanded its exhibit space in both locations and attracted more exhibitors from around the world. Beautiful new sail and power boats in and out of the water are on display and available for tours, with boats of every size and budget from high-end sail and power yachts to multihulls, daysailers and inflatables. New marine products include hardware, the latest electronics, engines, solar panels, foul weather gear, life jackets, stand up paddle boards, kayaks, technical clothing, and more.
“We are pleased to welcome so many exceptional exhibitors this year,” said Katie Kelly, Sail America Association Manager. “They are showcasing the latest marine products, boats, technology and services and the seminar instructors will touch on subjects from self-sufficiency and prep for your cruising adventures to the basics of understanding the impact of tropical cyclones on our oceans.“
Free and advance registration paid seminars are presented over the four days of the boat show for those who are new to boating and for seasoned boaters; details are available on the show website. (PacificBoatShow.com). Returning again this year is the popular Weather Forecasting & Cruise Decision Making Workshop presented by famed Meteorologist Lee Chesneau and Marine Diesel Engines: Maintenance & Troubleshooting by Nigel Calder, known for his best-selling Boatowner’s Mechanical and Electrical Manual and Marine Diesel Engines.
There will be hands-on boating clinics run by Bay Area companies Club Nautique and Passage Nautical. Topics may include An Intro to Sailing a Boat over 40ft., Twin Engine Clinic – Maneuvering & Docking, and a Catamaran Sailing Clinic. A favorite activity for young people is the free radio-controlled model sailboat racing. All boat show guests are invited to come down and talk with the experts
The Pacific Sail & Power Boat Show appeals to all generations of marine sports enthusiasts with new fun events:
- 510 Waterline offers free mini-intros to Stand Up Paddle Boarding with short rides at the boat launch ramp Friday 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m., 11:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. and on Saturday 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. They also have a Just Paddle excursion on Friday 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m., an Earth Day paddle on Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. and a SUP yoga class on Sunday from 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- On Saturday Groundwork Richmond, an environmental organization restoring the environment with the next generation of environmental stewards, celebrates Earth Day at the Marina Bay Yacht Harbor with their kayak fleet, nature and environment interactive lessons and free on-the-water tours of Richmond’s historic waterfront.
- Also planned is a Coast Guard Helicopter rescue on Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (dependent upon Coast Guard priorities).
- If you are at the show by 5:30 p.m. on Friday April 20, you can attend the free Latitude 38 and Twin Rivers Marine Insurance party at Assemble restaurant.
- On Saturday Cruising Outpost hosts their annual free Cruisers Party at 6:00 p.m., with a raffle to benefit the Educational Tall Ships Foundation Project in Sausalito.
- Available at the Visit Richmond CA’s booth is the Richmond Trail Guide with a map of where to EAT, DRINK, STAY & PLAY in Richmond.
The show is in its third year at Craneway Pavilion and Marina Bay Yacht Harbor in Richmond, CA and will be open Thursday, Friday and Saturday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Details online at http://www.PacificBoatShow.com, on Twitter @PacificBoatShow and on Facebook @PacificSailandPowerBoatShow.
About Sail America
Pacific Sail & Power Boat Show is produced by Sail America. Sail America is the trade association for the U.S. sailing industry and plays a vital role for all companies that are involved in providing sailing-related products and services. Established in 1990, Sail America works hard to promote the health and growth of sailing. www.sailamerica.com
Photographic images and logo available upon request.
Contact: Mary Lou Thiercof, SF on the Bay
Phone: (510) 336-1047